Date and Time
Thursday Jun 1, 2023
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM EDT
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Continental Breakfast and Lunch will be provided
AGC MA Board Room
888 Worcester St. Suite 40
Wellesley, MA 02482
Free to AGC MA Members - limited availability
$150 for Non-Members
Mental Health First Aid Training
SOLD OUT! Wait List Only
Construction is a stressful and physically demanding industry. This leads to higher rates of mental and behavioral health issues than other industries.
Are you prepared to manage these issues in your workforce? Consider the following facts:
- In Massachusetts, from 2016-2019 there were more suicides in construction than any other industry
- Construction workers are almost twice as likely to have an alcohol use disorder than other workers
- 11.6% of construction workers reported illicit drug use within the past month
- Construction are 1.5x more likely to have been diagnosed with a substance use disorder in the past year than other workers
Courtesy of AGC MA Safety and Construction Services, this free Mental Health First Aid course is designed to teach you how to identify and respond to signs of mental and behavioral health issues including substance use disorders. It is based on the National Council for Mental Wellbeing's program.
About the Course
It will cover:
- Common signs and symptoms of mental health challenges.
- Common signs and symptoms of substance use challenges.
- How to interact with a person in crisis.
- How to connect a person with help.
- Expanded content on trauma, substance use and self-care.