YAECPI 2024 enables you to:
- Accelerate your professional and career development
- Take on new tasks and responsibilities
- Improve job performance, communications and productivity
- Build meaningful relationships with architects, engineers and contractors
- Increase the value you add to your company
YAECPI 2024 features:
- A mix of online, in-person and Hosted Online sessions
- Industry leader guest instructors
- No one-way lectures – interactive small groups and hands-on learning
- Materials include “Smarter AEC Negotiating Skills” online course
- Participant mix of architects, engineers and contractors
- Group Projects enabling you to build relationships and apply concepts
- Convenient scheduling 12 sessions January – June 2024
“I’ve been a raving fan of AGC MA’s Young Contractors Professional Institute and Bill Ronco for more than 15 years. We have always encouraged and enabled members of our staff to participate in this program. This is an excellent opportunity for learning and broadening career potential by introducing our emerging leaders to the fundamental skills needed to succeed. The format facilitates developing professional relationships that’ll last a lifetime and inspires participants to be actively involved in our industry throughout their career." Bill Aalerud, Vice President, Columbia and Chair, AGC MA
The Need. Early in your AEC career, job expectations enlarge. Your company wants you to take on new tasks: more project management more communicating with others, writing, managing finances, negotiating, presenting. You don't need another degree, but you do need serious exposure, training and development --- and that's exactly what YAECPI delivers.
Guest Instructors. One of the great benefits of working in the New England is our access to some of the best thinkers and thoughtful design professionals in the world. 10+ guest instructors - architects, contractors, engineers, owner/clients - assist in teaching and leading small breakout group discussions. You not only listen to, but connect and engage with them. to explore the issues and ideas most important to you.
Hybrid Learning Mixes Online, In-Person and Hosted In-Person Sessions. With many participants traveling significant distances to attend, most sessions are Online. Two sessions whose topics particularly benefit from it are In-Person. Two other sessions are Hosted Online - Online for the learning content, followed by Hosted discussion and networking.
Group Projects. Piloted last year, Group Projects consisting of small, mixed profession groups, exceeded our expectations for delivering valuable learning and in-depth relationship building. You can view several of the projects - articles, young AEC professionals job survey and podcast episodes on the Insights blog page of our www.building-leader.com web site.
President of Gathering Pace, Inc., William Ronco, Ph.D., founded YAECPI 20+ years ago. He directs the program, partnering with AGC Massachusetts. Dr. Ronco also founded and directs the Young Designers Professional Institute, partnering with the Boston Society of Architects.
Dr. Ronco consults on strategy, leadership and partnering with design, engineering, owner / client, construction, biotech and science organizations. He is author of The Partnering Solution (Career Press) and Partnering Manual for Design and Construction (McGraw-Hill). A former professor at Northeastern University, Dr. Ronco earned his B.A. at Rutgers University, his Ed.M. at Harvard and his Ph.D. at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Colin Milberg and Toni Loiacano assist with Institute leadership. A founding partner of ASKM Consulting, Colin is a construction industry expert in lean methods, facilitation and change management. He teaches in the AGC's programs on Lean Construction. Toni is a senior vice president at Cannon Design. She has extensive experience and interest in mentoring, presenting new design concepts to client associations.
"I've been a raving fan of AGC MA Young Contractor's Professional Institute and Bill Ronco for more than 15 years. We have always encouraged and enabled members of our staff to participate in this program. This is an excellent opportunity for learning and broadening career potential by introducing our emerging leaders to the fundamental skills needed to succeed. The format facilitates developing professional relationships that'll last a lifetime and inspires participants to be actively involved in our industry throughout their career." Bill Aalerud, Executive Vice President, Columbia
YAECPI Benefits and Outcomes for Participants
Training and development are intangible but they produce very tangible results. Key outcomes for YAECPI participants:
- Improved ability to add value in their company
- Increased skills taking on new, challenging tasks
- Increased performance and comfort in areas that matter most for the company's performance
- Improved ability to develop meaningful relationships with clients
- Increased understanding and ability to connect with other disciplines in their own company
- Increased performance and comfort in marketing, business development and networking
- Development of essential skills, e.g. communicating, writing, presenting, managing projects, managing finances, marketing
- Acquisition of perspective resulting from interaction with peers from other companies, instructors, and interaction with contractors in the BSA Young Designers program
- Increased focus, job satisfaction and motivation resulting from all the above
Beyond the individual participants, sponsoring companies also benefit from participating YAECPI:
- Improved retention and development of key talent
- Increased marketing and business development activity and success
- Improved morale and company spirit resulting from clear demonstration of the company's commitment to professional development for young designers
- Acquisition of current ideas and fresh perspective on best practices being developed by other companies and industry experts participating in the program
- Improved employee alignment with the company's strategic plan
- Raised expectations for job performance and productivity from program participants
- Use of the program to strengthen the company's efforts at mentoring and coaching
- Recognition of the company as an Excellent Employer
"Many individuals from TG Gallagher have attended the YAECPI program and benefitted greatly not only from the variety of skills they obtained but, more importantly, from networking with other young AEC professionals. It’s a reflection of our commitment to continuous improvement with our employees and clients." Shawn Gallagher, Chief Operating Office, TG Gallagher
VIEW FULL SCHEDULE HERE